Latest Entries »
Morning circle performance.
Where we stand with preparations for our Camp
The Hundertwasser type toilets have been completed.
So are the camp showers.
The first yurt, in which the demonstrations and teaching will take place, has been completed.
Sites for tents have been prepared next to the yurt.
The kitchen and eating area is being developed also.
This is where we stand momentarily.
2012, 28th of July, Mindegyszer
The first aim of our youth exchange would be to educate the participants in an enviromentally sustainable lifestyle, in a friendly, hands-on, non-formalized manner. The second goal is to assist in networking between the participants and the organisations. We would like to start a long-term cooperation involving the eco-oriented associations mostly within the V4 countries, as well as the neighbours of Hungary.
The exchange will focus on 4 main areas. These are:
- Holistic health and healing modalities- the participants get to know different holistic, natural bodywork therapies, such as massage (thai, reflex), yoga, breathing, and riding. They will learn the basics of these therapies in hands-on workshop environments, along with workshops aimed at discovering their own body and health.
- Prevention and home gardening- firstly, we will introduce the most important herbs and spices, and their use in prevention and healing will be demonstrated in the everyday diet of the exchange. This will be followed by acquisition of different techniques of home gardening, ranging from urban gardening to permaculture. Care and guided gardening will be an everyday experience during the exchange. As a complementary aspect of prevention, a mental hygiene education would also belong to this module.
- Green architecture – this module would be the main part of the project. After an ample theoretical introduction to the background of eco-friendly building techniques, the participants will try some ecologically sustainable building techniques. Through the week long exchange, they will work on building a small house.
- Eco-lifestyle – this module focusses on eco-cosmetics and home-made foodstuffs. There will be sessions giving opportunity to prepare shampoo, toothpaste, goatcheese or jams from natural ingredients, without chemical addititves.
As the final culmination of the project, the participants could organise an „exhibition” for the local people, in which they could present their own work. This event is aimed at developing organisation skills also. Naturally, the organisers would take of the team building activities and the evaluation throughout the exchange. Amongst the planned programmes is an intercultural night, when the partners could introduce their own cultural characteristic. The program would include a so-called „step forward”, in which the participants could plan future exchanges/trainings/local activities, where they can utilize their gained knowledge.
The target group for us is young people between the age 18-26. This is the age group that is not too old to take in the wealth of material of the workshops, but already have some concept of adult life. We would like to work with young people from the V4 countries and Romania and we hope that our participants could start to think together and build an eco-network. We think that our participants could benefit a lot out of this experience. Amongst the benefits are the following:
– building something with their own hands
– learning more about the needs of their bodies
– learning sustainable building techniques, hand-made and home-made production
– working as a team, organisation skills
– awerness of being the member of V4 countries
– intercultural community and other communication channels.
– practicing english
– experience the advantages of an eco-friendly approach